Thursday, October 16, 2008

Should I GIVE UP the COMB???

If you know anything about me, you know that I have been singing the praises of the Widu comb. Shoot...I even posted about it on this blog. Well, after reading what my hair twin wrote, I'm wondering if I shoudl just abandon the comb altogether? I've done just that in the past, but then I never had a Widi pick. It worked really well in my daughter's hair this morning. Now, my daughter's hair is a totally different story. My goal is to get her hair fairly even all over and possibly be able to get it all in one littel bunny tail. I KNOW that is a big stretch for our hair, but if the back of her hair can be evenm why can't the rest of it? I think that once the brakage starts growing out (due to a whole new regimen) she will be fine. MOST of the problems came from the MECHANICS of how I HANDLED her hair. DRY COMBING is the devil and yet I consistently combed her hair while it was dry. More on that later....

2 comments:

Amina said...

yes ma'am..
if you can, throw all your combs. But then i am biased. I hate combs and if it was just up to me, they won't exist...lol

dry combing is sooo painful! I get shivers when i remember about the sessions of "detangling" and it was done when my hair was dry...

when i first stated using the comb my first year, i never comb my hair dry...it works for some people but not for me..
anyways, at the end of the day, do what's best for your hair :)

gilroygal said...

I don't think combs were designed (in general) for the type of hair that we have, but when you live in a society where the majority of people use one, it is a hard habit to break.