Monday, October 20, 2008

OLD SCHOOL STUFF

Welllll.....I've tried to make the things that work for MY hair work for my daughter's hair, but hers seems to thrive with petroleum based stuff. I mean, her scalp looked healthier the last time I simply shampooed it and applied Blue Magic to it. There are plenty of people who probably remember this product. It comes in several formulations (just found that out a few months ago) but the most popular ones are the blue or green formula. My stepmommy always preferred the green one. It has ingredients in it like lecithin, lanolin, and olive oil. When I apply this stuff to my daughter's hair, it makes it easier to manage. I'm thinking of getting some Pink Oil moisturizer for her hair, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out to that yet. I put her hair in the most adorable cornrows last night and she looks so cute! I am trying to get the top layers (her hair seems weaker there) to grown down over the bottom ones.

As far as my hair goes, I STILL LOVE the detangling ghee from Qhemet. It is expensive, so I'm watching closely in order to get a feel for how often I'll need to order it. A 5oz jar is $14, but it works so well in my hair. I remember being able to get my hair to feel like this in the past, but I can't seem to get the same products to work for me these day. Also, I can apply this product to my dry hair and it works wonders for helping me to shape my fro without adding additional water.

1 comment:

Amina said...

we also used blue magic, DAX and Vaseline on our hair when we used to be little...
is there a chance we see those cornrows?