Tuesday, July 21, 2009

SHRINKAGE

For the most part, for the last six months I have worn my hair in all of its shrunken glory. I personally prefer the look of my hair in a puff, but it's SO MUCH WORK AND my hair doesn't like being stretched out. It shrinks up TIGHT at the first HINT of any moisture. So, I'm back to shrunken fros for probably like, EVER!! I think that IF I get the 6-8 inches of hair that is my goal then I MIGHT stretch my hair again. I've never had hair that long, so we'll see. I am doing everything that I can to be gentle so that my fro will gain some more fullness. Due to the amount of shrinkage I have, I think the best goals are measure in terms of shrinkage. I would LOVE to have 2 inches of srhinkage, since I am not allowed more bulk than 2 inches in uniform. Right now, I have about 1/2 an inch of hair when shrunken and I have 4 inches of length. So my hair is 1/8 of it's natural length when shrunken. I would have to have 16 inches of length to get the fullness that I desire. For some, this is an easy feat, but for me, not really. So, I wonder if a more realistic goal is a 1 inch fron, which would require 8 inches of hair. Sigh....I think it IS better to focus on healthy hair. I have that, though, so what else? I guess I could just be content with that. I know I'm never going to be one of those people who has a big mega puff. I have put down the comb and stopped fighting with my hair. It does not want to be stretched. Sigh....

No comments: