Monday, June 8, 2009

Little update...

Hey y'all!! I've been CRAZY busy with life and my "hair experience has been limited to simply dampening my hair with water (or for a little while KBB hair milk) and then finger-cobing to shape. After that, I simply jet out the door to live life. Well, yesterday I decided to try to do some finger coils on my hair and they look OKAY, but they will probably get taken down because SOMEONE will say that they look like dreads, which are not authorized in the Navy while in uniform.

I rediscovered the Wild Growth 'lite" oil moisturizer and that stuff works like a charm for my hair as well as for my daughter's hair. Now, unlike the ORIGINAL version that STINKS to HIGH HEAVEN, the lite version has an earthier fragrnace, which I like. I am not using this to get and "wild growth", but it does lubricate and soften my strands so that I can manage them better. I still don't do many styles because most of my hair is only three inches long. There are places where it is longer, but overall, that's what I've got.

I haven't used a comb in months and I don't think I ever will again. Since I am resigned to wearing my hair at least SOMEWHAT shrunken, I don't really see the need for it.

My hair is best handled DRY. After all of the years that I have been reading and studying up on natural hair (as well as experimenting on my own)I have decided that I can best twist and handle my hair after it has dried. I also noticed that I am losing fewer strands these days. I have been keeping my hair care relatively simple. I HAVE TO use shampoo, the kind with ALS or SLS. It just works better for me. It might be the water here or whatever, but it is needed. I stopped and got a bottle of Suave Tropical coconut shampoo and three bottles of the conditioner, which I use to help free shed hairs. Now that I know the purpose of conditioner in my regimen, I no longer have to look for the "amazing formula" that is going to help soften or otherwise enhance my hair. That is what the oil is for. :)

No comments: