Thursday, December 18, 2008

PICKING AGAIN!

Well, I whipped out my Widu the other day and began to pick out my hair. My concensus is that I prefer my hair picked out, so that is what I do, however, I have had to figure out a better way to get through my hair now that it is growing out. I use the Qhemet Amla and olive heavy cream daily and it works for me.

My daughter's hair fared MUCH better on wash day. I realize that the culprit for breakage is DEFINITELY rubberbands and SLS-based shampoo. Rubber bands cause breakage because her hair gets all wrapped and tangled around them and I end up ripping out her hair when I take them out. Shampoo (SLS-based) makes her hair brittle. I think her cuticles get raised. I would never have believed this until I saw the damage for myself. We have a long way to go but I think we can get there now. On wash day, I used the extra honey beer and egg shampoo bar from Chagrin Valley Soap and Crafts. It is really gentle and it actually gets her hair and scalp clean.

No comments: