Thursday, November 27, 2008

What to do??

Okay, so the purpose of this blog is to talk about FRAGILE hair. Today, my concern is with my daughter's hair. I've allowed her to wear it in an afro for the last few days but it was not looking so hot I decided to put it in cornrows. Armed with a spray bottle of water and very GENTLY pulling the hair apart with the comb and parting it SLOWLY, I did okay and kept from damaging her hair TOO much. I noticed SEVERAL patches in her hair where the hair was less than an inch long and I REALLY think that rubber bands were the culprit. When I used to take her hair down and shampoo it, I would notice SO much hair going down the drain. The last couple of times that I washed it, however, she did not lose NEARLY as much hair. I haven't been using my old standby Suave Daily Clarifying either, so I think that helps with the brittleness. I'm hoping that in six months I can get the growth back for her with my NEW gentle methods and great products. I would like to even her hair up as well, but we'll see how it goes. No more rubber bands for her!! I've thrown them out, so we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Amina said...

yay

The Butter Babe said...

Please forgive me for not sending you those samples. My daughter had an emergency c-section and I'm in Tennessee, I'll send them to you as soon as I get home. I hope you still want them again I'm so sorry