Saturday, January 17, 2009

MY HAIR, OH MY HAIR!!!

So, my hair is doing what hair does (growing) but with shrinkage it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell. I REALLY want to be able to wear a headband with my fro, but it is SO tiny. I have been experimenting with making a homemade spritz. My first concoction consisted of conditioner, oils, glycerin and water, but the particular conditioner that I got (Suave Natural Vanilla Floral) did not provide ANY slip for my hair. When using this concoction, I began to notice little pieces of hair on the counter after piking, which is something that I never had with my Qhemet products. I stopped using Qhemet because I think it was causing me to break out. My skin is slowly improving, so we'll see. Still not quite sure if it was the products or the monthly, only time will tell. Qhemet is still working out well for my daughter, so I will continue to use it on her hair until I run out. I also have a few jars of Qhemet's Burdock Root butter cream on order, so that should tide her over for a while. I love high quality, natural products, but I REALLY don't like having a wait time for haircare stuff. I think my next spritz concoction will be simply glycerin and water. It is very moist here in Washington, so I should be good. I am tired of acne, and I think that oil and acne simply do NOT go together. I haven't had a lot of success in the past with glycerin and water, but since I STOPPED using conditioner, my hair actually seems to respond to moisturizers better. We'll see how it goes! LOL!

I think I'm in a boredom phase with my hair. It takes SO LONG to show any significant increase in length that I get frustrated. It LOOKS like my hair doesn't grow, but I KNOW that it does. I just want to be able to wear a headband without it showing in the back. I used to be okay with my headband showing, though. Maybe I just need to get over it!! LOL!

Another thing that would probably help is if I could lose some weight. It's hard for me to feel good about a simple thing like hair when the way that I feel about my overall physique is out of whack. I can REALLY see my weight gain in my face, so that ALSO makes it difficult for me to like my TWA. I feel like my face just looks HUGE!! The problem with weight loss (at least for me) is dieting. It DOESN'T work for me. I'll get on a diet (or lifestyle change) and I'll lose the weight only to gain it back and then some. Right now, even a two pound weight loss is an incredible feat. I was reading the book "Overcoming Overeating" and it began to help, but it has been extremely difficult to break some of my old habits.

I guess this is just a frustrating time for me as a whole! My goal is to STOP saying such negative things to myself each and every day and learn to LIVE. It's hard to overcome years of negativity at times, but I KNOW that I must get there.

1 comment:

Ms. Diddy said...

girl i trully understand your frustration. i'm at the stage where my hair is too long to be short and too short to be long, ugh. and i don't really do much to my hair except put it in a puff or shrunken fro cuz i am SO style challenged LOL. but just hang in there sis and STOP concentrating on hair growth lol it will drive you nuts. your hair is growing. just be gentle and make sure you are getting good nutrition cuz that affects the health of the hair too :)