Sunday, April 18, 2010

I finally did it!!

I was finally able to do some flattwists all the way back on my head. At first glance, it looks like I have cornrowns, but they are flattwists and they look nice. I'll have to figure out how to get some pics up on here. I lost a fair amount of hair in the process because I had to comb through it. I really didn't know any other way to do my hair. I braided it to stretch it out , but because I used Cantu Shea butter leave-in, which made my hair feel somewhat coated, my hair was harder to get through than normal. At any rate, it was worth it to actually have a style. I was getting SO tired of my fro. I mean, I DO love it, but a fro EVERY day is NOT the move for me. Plus, as my hair gets longer, it ties itself in knots and becomes VERY difficult to manage. I personally feel like my hair is difficult to manage as it is, so I need to try to find products that will soften it and help me to stretch it out. It's very difficult to get through the kinks if I do not stretch it out. Also, the only comb that works well on my hair is the Ace wide-toothes comb which is very difficult to get out in town so I have to order it from Amazon.com. I have held TIGHTLY to my comb for years after giving away the others. The last time that I bought them I bought FIVE of them but THIS time I bought THREE of them. To me, this comb is essential for detangling and managing my hair.

No comments: